CAR SPARES LTD PRIVACY NOTICE
We are a leading supplier of car parts in the midland area. We have a huge selection of brands, including our own trade branded options, giving you the same performance at a fraction of the price. With 8 Branches located across the midlands and Free Trade Click and Collect Options and Low Delivery costs available to All UK, and most international countries. (Car Spares) is a ‘data controller’ for the purpose of relevant data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) for the information which it collects for marketing, recruitment and employment purposes. We may be contacted via email
or through the Company website
WEBSITE, DIGITAL PLATFORMS & COOKIES
Please note that our website, https://www.carsparesltd.com and other digital platforms may contain links to third party websites / digital platforms which are provided for your convenience. We are only responsible for the privacy practices and security of our own digital platforms and therefore we recommend that you check the privacy and security policies of each and every other website / digital platform that you visit.
In common with many other website operators, we use standard technology called ‘cookies’ on our website. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by the browser on your computer’s hard drive and they are used to record how you navigate websites on each visit.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
All personal information that we collect about you will be recorded, used and protected by us in accordance with applicable data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation and this Notice.
We may supplement the information that you provide with other information that we obtain from our dealings with you, however we will not use that information for purposes which are not clear when you provide your details.
We will collect the following information about you when you register to participate in the Run:
- Name of your business (if applicable)
- Email address
- Telephone number
HOW WE COLLECT THE INFORMATION
We will collect this information from you directly, either through our online form on our website or by other direct correspondence.
We use your data for the following purposes:
- Billing and Address Details
- in order to contact you regarding orders
- For record keeping purposes.
When you interact with our website, we may also automatically collect the following information about your visit:
- How you have reached our digital platform and the internet protocol (IP) address you have used;
- Your browser type, versions and plug-ins and your operating system;
- Your journey through our digital platform, including which links you click on and any searches you made, how long you stayed on a page and other page interaction information;
- Information collected in our online entry form.
The processing of personal data is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by Car Spares, namely for the purpose of enabling you to purchase from the website and to provide you with notifications about:
- Changes to your orders
- Delivery / Pick up Times
We do not process special categories of personal data for marketing purposes.
You can update your marketing preferences or unsubscribe from communications from us at any time by contacting us via our website https://www.carsparesltd.com.
We will not use your data for purposes that are not clear when you provide your details and will not disclose data except in the following limited circumstances which are outlined below:
- We may share your data with the organisation which provides any courier service (name, address, contact information, namely contact phone number and email)
- We may also share your data with third parties:
- If we are under a legal required to do so;
- If it is necessary to do so to enforce our contractual rights;
- If we need to communicate with couriers
- To lawfully assist the police or security services with the prevention and detection of crime or terrorist activity;
- Where such disclosure is necessary to protect the safety or security of any persons; and/or
- Where we are otherwise permitted under applicable law.
TRANSFER OF DATA OUTSIDE THE EEA
Car Spares does not transfer data outside of the EEA for marketing purposes. In the event there is a requirement to transfer data outside of the EEA from time to time, we will take all necessary steps to ensure the data is afforded the same safeguards and controls as those applied within the EEA.
Car Spares will retain your data for as long as is reasonably necessary for the required services to be provided to you and will not be retained indefinitely or for reasons incompatible with relevant data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights regarding your personal information. In summary these rights are as follows and include the right to:
- Request access to personal information;
- Request inaccurate information to be reviewed and corrected;
- Request a restriction to the processing of personal information;
- Request personal information held by Car Spares to be erased in certain circumstances;
- Request a copy of the personal information that has been provided to us;
- Object to the processing of personal information or the continued processing of personal information; and
- Request not to be subject to automated decision making which produces legal effects that concern or affect you in a significantly similar way
Further information regarding the rights under the General Data Protection Regulation can be found by visiting www.ico.org.uk. These rights are subject to the conditions and restrictions set out in the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Should you wish to make a request to exercise any of the above rights you should contact us via our website www.carsparesltd.com.
When contacting us please ensure that you provide relevant information to allow us to identify you (this can include confirmation of any of the unique or personal identifiers we hold about you such as address) and state the right or rights that you wish to exercise. We may need to contact you to request further information to verify your identity.
We will respond to you within one month from when we receive a valid request.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We take the security of personal information seriously and Car Spares has appropriate measures, safeguards and protocols in place to ensure that data is kept secure, is only accessed by those individuals authorised to do so and where there is a legitimate need to access the data. Appropriate and reasonable steps are in place to reduce the risk of unauthorised access to personal data held by Car Spares (either through accidental disclosure or deliberate act) and in line with the Companies obligations under applicable data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation.
WHERE TO MAKE A COMPLAINT
If you have a complaint regarding any aspect of your personal data or this Notice, please contact us via our website https://www.carsparesltd.com/contact
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may write to Head Office at the following address:
Car Spares Distribution
Progress House, 1281 Stratford Road
You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office by visiting their website https://www.ico.org.uk
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We aim to meet high standards and so our policies and processes are subject to review. From time to time we may change this Notice and will inform you by publishing updated content to our website, www.carsparesltd.com