Haynes Workshop Repair Manuals
Every manual is written from hands-on experience gained from stripping down and rebuilding each vehicle in the Haynes Project Workshop. The practical step-by-step instructions and clear photos are easy to follow and provide information on maintenance, servicing, fault finding, the MoT, brakes, electrics and Haynes tips to make many tasks easier.
Complete coverage for your vehicle from our highly experianced team
- Routine Maintenance
- Engine Repair
- Cooling and Heating
- Air Conditioning
- Fuel and Exhaust
- Emission Control
- Suspension and Steering
- Electrical Systems
- Wiring Diagrams
- Fault Diagnosis
Contents General Information
- Chapter 1: Part A: Routine maintenance and servicing - petrol models
- Chapter 1: Part B: Routine maintenance and servicing - diesel models
- Chapter 2: Part A: Petrol engine in-car repair procedures
- Chapter 2: Part B: Diesel engine in-car repair procedures
- Chapter 2: Part C: Engine removal and overhaul procedures
- Chapter 3: Cooling, heating and air conditioning systems
- Chapter 4: Part A: Fuel/exhaust systems - carburettor petrol models
- Chapter 4: Part B: Fuel/exhaust systems - single-point petrol injection models
- Chapter 4: Part C: Fuel/exhaust systems - multi-point petrol injection models
- Chapter 4: Part D: Fuel/exhaust systems - diesel models
- Chapter 4: Part E: Emission control systems
- Chapter 5: Part A: Starting and charging systems
- Chapter 5: Part B: Ignition system ? petrol engines
- Chapter 5: Part C: Preheating system ? diesel engines
- Chapter 6: Clutch
- Chapter 7: Part A: Manual transmission
- Chapter 7: Part B: Automatic transmission
- Chapter 8: Driveshafts
- Chapter 9: Braking system
- Chapter 10: Suspension and steering systems
- Chapter 11: Bodywork and fittings
- Chapter 12: Body electrical systems Wiring diagrams Reference
John Haynes OBE
John Haynes OBE wrote and published his first book, on building an Austin 7 Special, whilst he was still at school in 1956. He wrote two more 'Special' builders' manuals while doing his National Service in the RAF. The first 'proper' Haynes Owners Workshop Manual, for the Austin Healey ‘Frogeye’ Sprite, was published in 1966. Based on the stripdown and rebuild of the project vehicle and with extensive use of step-by-step photographs – a process that has not changed to this day – this manual set the standard for the Haynes brand and started what is now a globally recognised publisher of practical information.
What the press say…
Nick Webster, Features Editor, Daily Mirror
When you want chapter and verse on anything - from BMWs to Bob the Builder, when you want to know about a subject inside and out, Haynes manuals are the first books any real enthusiast turns to. Reading about the Millennium Falcon or Thunderbirds in a Haynes manual makes you feel like a grown up even when it's the small child inside you getting excited.
Paul Hudson, Deputy Head of Cars, The Daily Telegraph
“Haynes has to be applauded for the way it has adapted the format of its acclaimed car repair manuals to cover famous vehicles such as tanks, the Avro Lancaster and Vulcan bombers, Thunderbirds - and even the USS Enterprise - in a fun yet informative manner."
Martin Love, Motoring Editor, Observer
"Sitting on a shelf in my garden shed is a Haynes manual for every car I have owned: Renault 5, Fiat 127, Citroen BX19, VW Polo, Volvo 940 the list goes on. The cars are long gone but I still flick through the much-used manuals. They bring back memories of happy afternoons tinkering and miserable evenings realising that even with an expert guide the job was beyond me. A Haynes manual is like a travel guide to a foreign land - it makes the unfamiliar manageable"
Chris Clifford, Editor, Airfix Model World magazine
“Haynes has brought to market a highly useful range of manuals with the historian and modeller in mind...good all-round packages with revealing imagery, insightful technical text and fascinating history”
Haynes Workshop Repair Manuals > VW Manuals
It is possible that more than one item is suitable for your [make] [model]
There are several ways to ensure the part you are buying is correct for your [make] [model]. It is recommended to check all available Fitting Information & Notes prior to purchase. Should you experiance any difficulties or have any queries regarding any of our parts, please contact a branch near you, and a parts advisor will be more than happy to assist.
You can contact via :
There could be a number of reasons why you can not locate the item you need for your vehicle within this category. This could be anything from :
- The part is located somewhere else on the site
- We have no suitable parts available for your [make] [model]
- The parts required have not yet been release into the "Aftermarket" and are still only available from the [make] [model] main dealers.
If you find yourself in this situation, there are a few things you can do.
- Contact us here for friendly advice and service
- Go back to the categories and search again
Car Spares LTD offer a minimum 12 month manufacturers warranty on all parts. Some of the premium brands do offer 2 year and 3 year warranties, if you would like to double check the length of warranty applied to a part please Contact us here for friendly advice and service.
The premium branded parts are generally made to higher standards than that of the trade branded alternatives, however thats is not to say that the trade branded alternatives are not good parts. Many of our trade branded products are sold and distributed to both retail and trade customers everyday and we receive no complaints relating to the quality of the parts. Just to put your mind at ease, all parts sold by Car Spares LTD are accompanied with a 12 month manufacturer warranty, certain brands such as Exide and Valeo do offer an extended warranty (2 and 3 year) on selected parts.